How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22887
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how to become power of attorney(or how

Customer Question

I would like to know how to become power of attorney(or how I can) to get Information from IRD & Immigration concerning my missing day for over 47yrs.Im am his eldest daughter and have been searching for many years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You would not be able to become power of attorney for him, as this requires him to sign the document granting you the power of attorney. You can try writing to get information from these departments, but I suspect you may have problems with confidentiality. However sometimes the police can help with missing persons, and also the Salvation Army have a service of looking for missing family and you could try them as well.

Related New Zealand Law Questions