New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I would like to know how to become power of attorney(or how…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know how to become power of attorney(or how I can) to get Information from IRD & Immigration concerning my missing day for over 47yrs.Im am his eldest daughter and have been searching for many years.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/25/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
You would not be able to become power of attorney for him, as this requires him to sign the document granting you the power of attorney. You can try writing to get information from these departments, but I suspect you may have problems with confidentiality. However sometimes the police can help with missing persons, and also the Salvation Army have a service of looking for missing family and you could try them as well.