New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

My son has just been turned down by a letting agent room…

Customer Question
My son has just been...
My son has just been turned down by a letting agent for a room in a flat is there any any way of getting the information from them that they sent to the landlord
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
If they prepared a report then he is entitled to a copy of any report under the Privacy Act and should ask citing this act.
They said they gave information to the landlord we have no way of knowing if it was a report or even written but whatever it was the landlord did not like so this is what I'm trying to find out. Should I just assume they wrote a report?
It may have been but it could be an email, or even a verbal discussion
so under the privacy act they would have ti disclose a verbal report content along with any emails?
And I suppose if they dont what happens
Then he can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner and they would be able to help get this