New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I checked my bank this morning and found that ird has

Customer Question
Hi i checked my bank...
Hi i checked my bank this morning and found that ird has taken 10.000.00 from my savings account . I am working and have been dealing with them and have had no mention from them that i owe anything . I have been bankrupt but am out of that and i have paperwork
to show that i have paid my child support .Also ihave not received anything from them at all as to why they have done this .
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
Unfortunately they have the power to do this under the Child Support Act and the Tax Administration Act. So you can ask for the details and the statement of what this has been used for. But they do have the power to do this