How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22809
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re Power of Attorney. My stepson who is resident in

Customer Question

Re Power of Attorney.
My stepson who is resident in New Zealand, owns a house in the Philippines. He has asked his aunty to make arrangements to have electricty connected to the house. The electricty company want to see proof that power of attorney has been given to the aunty by my stepson. How do I go about this?
Gary Fowles
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You will need to get a lawyer to prepare a specific power of attorney for this purpose, and then have this apostilled by a notary public. That should be sufficient, although it is important to keep the power quite specific for just this purpose

Related New Zealand Law Questions