How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23072
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible by the inheritance act to give one person in

Customer Question

Is it possible by the inheritance act to give one person in a family most of the inheritance and leave other member with a small inherence . could this will be challenged by other immediate members of the family. John Denton.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You can make a will like this, although the division can be challenged by a court proceeding under the Family Protection Act. This does not mean they will succeed in the claim, but that there is a risk the gifts will be reexaminèd and possibly set aside