New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

Class action against colour steel paint badly faded

Customer Question
Class action against colour steel...
Class action against colour steel for roof paint badly faded and completely worn off in places.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/15/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
You have asked a question about a class action. Generally in New Zealand people will bring a representative action rather than a class-action, although in the press it is sometimes referred to as a class-action. What generally happens is that a typical representative of the class of people affected by the problem will bring a case in court, and if they are successful this will then provide a precedent for others caught by the same problem. If you want to bring such an action, it can be bought as a breach of contract or negligence, but you would need to have high-quality expert evidence as to the cause of the problem. This evidence can be obtained from experts in New Zealand. This is a relatively general answer, and I am happy to go into specifics if you need to. There is a law firm in Christchurch which specialises in representative/class actions and I can refer you to that firm if you wish
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer