How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22885
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Class action against colour steel paint badly faded

Customer Question

Class action against colour steel for roof paint badly faded and completely worn off in places.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You have asked a question about a class action. Generally in New Zealand people will bring a representative action rather than a class-action, although in the press it is sometimes referred to as a class-action. What generally happens is that a typical representative of the class of people affected by the problem will bring a case in court, and if they are successful this will then provide a precedent for others caught by the same problem. If you want to bring such an action, it can be bought as a breach of contract or negligence, but you would need to have high-quality expert evidence as to the cause of the problem. This evidence can be obtained from experts in New Zealand. This is a relatively general answer, and I am happy to go into specifics if you need to. There is a law firm in Christchurch which specialises in representative/class actions and I can refer you to that firm if you wish

Related New Zealand Law Questions