How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 14932
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have met a lady on the internet only but a relationship has

Customer Question

I have met a lady on the internet only but a relationship has developed through our interaction. She lives in South Africa. I am ex South African but now have New Zealand Citerzinship. I want her to join me here as a partner but obviously we have not lived together for the 12 month period to qualify for partnership residence application. How can I get her and her 2 kids here legally as residents. I am prepared to marry her. Have u any options for me to look at.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Being married helps but the first step is often to get sponsor her for a tourist visa, and then apply for partnership. The tourist visa is for a maximum of 9 months and then she will need to leave and apply again. What people do is start the application for partnership visa before she leaves. Another option is for a work visa if she has the qualifications. That would be easier as you can get longer periods here and then get the 12 months together. People often use immigration consultants to help with the applications, as they can help,present the applications for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can her two kids of 11 and 13 come over on the visitors visa and school here and how much a month do they have to have to satisfy immigration. What do I need to have to sponsor them on a visitors visa
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You will need to sponsor them all for the visitors permit. Once you and their mother are a partnership they can also apply. I will check the money aspect and advise later