New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

My partner broke it off with me on Saturday and lost the plot.

Customer Question
we had just come back...
my partner broke it off with me on Saturday and lost the plot. we had just come back from bangkok. he had given me access to his accounts but is bow saying it is fraud and has laid a complaint with police. what can I or should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/9/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
If he gave you access to his accounts then he cannot complain that this is fraud. He may have gone to the police, but in my experience they will not be interested if this is a relationship property disputes between you and your partner. They will tell him that the only place to resolve this is in the family Court. If the police to contact you you should tell them that you were given access to his accounts and had authority. If you feel uncomfortable discussing this with the police, I suggest that you ask a lawyer to attend with you for an interview.