How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22894
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chris, I am reading about myself, I am Allan tucker and

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I am reading about myself, I am Allan tucker and I did discuss this unclaimed money with Michael. A lot of people are unaware that they have money owing to them. Did you examine the Gazette Notice to locate the M Lusty account?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
If you want to charge money for people to collect money which they can claim for free, that is between you and the person you contact.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I do like to point out to the individuals that they can check this out for themselves. If they want to pay you commission that is up to them. But it is a model that is often used by people who claim there is an inheritance unclaimed and often unclaimed money in bank accounts. So people do need to be suspicious of such offers. If yours is a genuine business model, then you are free to pursue this. I expect you are aware of the many spam offers however
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
You would need to discuss with the bank you wanted to set up a trust account. It would be a contractual matter with the bank as to what conditions they require for a trust account. There is no statute which says what those terms should be, but if you nominate this as a trust account then any transactions may be looked at carefully if there are suggestions that this is not being handled correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,
Second question, I wish to establish a working agreement with clients to act on their behalf in recovering client money from crown entities that are holding funds in trust.Can you examine the attached T & C's to clarify that I have met all NZ Law that relates to this activity ?regardsAllan Tucker
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
We are not meant to give specific advice on issues. The terms and conditions of this site say it is for general advice rather than specific advice. Giving an opinion on the legality of this document goes beyond what I am permitted to do.

Related New Zealand Law Questions