Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Good Afternoon. We are NZ citizens and purchased a Toyota

Customer Question

Good Afternoon.
We are NZ citizens and purchased a Toyota Tundra in America and have paid for a company to change it from left hand drive to right hand drive. The company will occasionally answer our emails and we have no idea if the Tundra work has been completed. Is there any way we can get legal advise on what to do to get the vehicle finished and sent over to us here in NZ or how we go about getting the advise we require? Thank you for your help.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
This can be a major problem when you buy from an overseas company. You would have to sue them in a court in California and I could, if you prefer, refer you to a lawyer in that jurisdiction from this site.
I cannot give you advice about the relevant Californian law. You also need to look at the contract and see if it specifies the country where court action has to take place.