How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23060
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work Community Theatre Group. We are governed

Customer Question

I work for a Community Theatre Group. We are governed by a Management Committee made up of parents etc. Do we need Trustee's insurance? We have Public Liability Insurance which includes - general liability, Employers Liability and Statutory Liability. We are not like a school with a Board. What would the Trustee's Insurance cover that the Liability doesn't?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
If you are an incorporated society run by the Management committee, then you are not a trust and do not need trustee insurance. Your public liability insurance would be adequate.