New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

I joined XXXXXX and had in writing

Customer Question
I joined XXXX and had...
I joined XXXX and had in writing balance of sick leave would be transferred from YYYY. When I became sick XXXX refused to pay the transferred sick leave. I went on LWOP. Six years later a senior manager in writing said it should have been paid. Can I get payment retrospectively.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
When you publish question can you publish as below.( e take out the names of the Hospital Boards)I joined XXXX and had in writing balance of sick leave would be transferred from YYYY. When I became sick XXXX refused to pay the transferred sick leave. I went on LWOP. Six years later a senior manager in writing said it should have been paid. Can I get payment retrospectively.
On second thoughts
Please don't publish the question
5/24/2015
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
The main problem is that you have left this too late to make the claim. I realise that you only now discovered they may have been wrong, but there are limitations on claims, and after 6 years it is too late. I see no harm in asking anyway, but expect an answer about limitation periods.