Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

Kia ora. I lodged a complaint bullied at work

Customer Question

Kia ora.
I lodged a complaint for being bullied at work on 15th Jan 2015. Still nil effective response. Can I take my employers to task over negligence, or failing to protect me re Health & safety at work?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Your next step will have to be to contact an employment mediator from the Department of Labour to start an employment case against the employer. They are at the Contact Centre on 0800 20 90 20 during business hours. Business hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm Friday excluding public holidays. If calling from overseas call +64 9(###) ###-####
the mediator will call a meeting to try to sort the issues and help resolve the bullying and delay in investigation. If you cannot settle this at a mediation, then you can claim a personal grievance and claim in the Employment Relations Authority