How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22811
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Months i have worked as forestry mobile mechanic and

Customer Question

for 14 months i have worked as forestry mobile mechanic and have been paid from my home to the skid sites to carry out repaires and servicing and paid to travell back to home,We recieved an email this week in the midddle of our pay fortnight saying ajust your time shhet as you are no longger being paid to travell to the skids and not to base or home either,the other mechanic has been paid as above for the last five years please help as i woked 50.25 hours this week under the old system and will only be paid for 42 hours thank you colin Richardson
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome.
Your employer cannot change the terms of your employment contract without your consent. Any changes to your contract must be negotiated andf agreed before they can take place. So if they insist then you are entitled to claim compensation for the change and the increased burden on you for the travel time. If they refuse to back down on the change or compensation you can claim a personal grievance for this. This would mean a claim through the Employment Relations Service

Related New Zealand Law Questions