Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

are the cost of my immigration fees, immigration agent plus

are the cost of my immigration fees, immigration agent plus visa costs tax deductible?

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : The deductions for these payments are only tax deductible if they are directly related to your self employed work.
Customer:

ah ok - i am employed so therefore i take it i cant claim back any of it against my tax payments?

Chris The Lawyer : If you are just getting a visa, and then later getting a job on a salary or wages, the costs are definitely not deductible
Chris The Lawyer : New Zealand has pretty limited tax deductions in any event. The system is simple but the trade off is that very few things can be deducted
Customer:

thank you very much