How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23067
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been ill with flue and broniitus and have been signed

This answer was rated:

I have been ill with flue and broniitus and have been signed off by my doctor however am under huge pressure to return to work as a pre school teacher .Does this seem fair to you

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : in this situation. Your health is more important than your employers needs. If a doctor has told you that you are unfit for work and given you a certificate, then you are quite entitled to take the sick leave. Indeed, many would say you should stay away while ill, especially when working with young children.
Chris The Lawyer : So pressuring you to return before you are recovered is unfair.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you