How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22830
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 25yr old son spent the night with a girl. They had both

This answer was rated:

My 25yr old son spent the night with a girl. They had both been drinking and ended up in the same bed. Now three months have gone by and the story has escalated to the point that she is calling him the rapist to all of their friends. His large group of friends know that he is not that kind of person. What should he do?

Should he see a lawyer and have a report made? Should he and his now girlfriend, a mutual friend,make a visit to the girl to see if they can defuse the situation.

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : The visit to her from the mutual friend, but without him, may be a good start. She may have difficulty in bringing a police complaint in any event because she has not actually complained to the police but rather chosen to vent with friends first. So treading carefully and negotiating is I think the best way forward
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions