How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22894
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a person go on to private farm land and get watercress

This answer was rated:

Can a person go on to private farm land and get watercress

Chris The Lawyer : Hi and welcome. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear.
Chris The Lawyer : no unless you have permission of the owner you cannot do so. In practical terms to stop someone doing so, you would need a trespass notice followed by a police complaint to stop someone

so noone has the right to take something if it is deemed to be growing wild and not cultivated

Chris The Lawyer : Correct. It belongs to the landowner.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions