How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22809
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Husband and I are seperating, at the moment I am still a

This answer was rated:

My Husband and I are seperating, at the moment I am still a director of our jointly owned business, I have had no income from this business for 3 months, I would like to use $2500. from the business. Can I ask for this? Legally do I have to pay it back? or am I entitled to it as he has been withdrawing wages for himself?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : You certainly can ask and as a director and shareholder you should be entitled to some payments anyway

Thanks for that, My x-husband wants me to email his lawyer asking for the money and to say i will pay it back, I dont think I have to reimburse. What is the best wording for the letter?

christhelawyer : I would suggest that the letter points out the position as director, your responsibility as a director, and your position as a shareholder, all of which entitle you to payment, not an advance.

Great, Thank you very much.Will do that now.

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions