How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22829
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i cancel a none trespass order

This answer was rated:

how do i cancel a none trespass order

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : A notice issued under the trespass Act is not a court order. It is a notice signed by the occupier of the property who wants to ban you from the premises. If you enter despite the notice, then they can complain to the police. In some cases you can safely ignore such a notice, where you have a right to occupy yourself, and where the notice is not issues by the occupier. So the process is that you have to persuade the person who issued the notice to withdraw this, or if they will not then you can test the legality if they try to prosecute you.

I issued -so how do I cancel

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not really a satisfactory answer as I wanted to know as issuer of notice , how do I cancel- example can I just say to the person ' you are now allowed back on property'- or do I have to go to lawyer to cancel thee order?

As I explained, this is not a court order. You can simply say to the person, the notice I gave you is no longer in force. You could if you wished write a letter which says the trespass notice is no longer in force to make this clear, but a verbal withdrawal would be enough

Related New Zealand Law Questions