How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22822
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about recovering cost for a contract that has ended,

Customer Question

How do I go about recovering cost for a contract that has ended, invoices have been sent but no payment has come through? They said payment has been made but don't know which account it has gone to??
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If you have not received payment, then I suggest you send a letter, possibly from your lawyer, requiring the payments to be made within 7 days. If they then dispute payment, you can file a claim in the Disputes Tribunal. If they simply ignore the letter, you need to file a claim in the District Court, because the debt appears to be undisputed. If they then do nothing after receiving the notice of claim, you can apply for judgment. Another alternative would be, if they are a company to send a statutory demand under The Companies Act requiring them to pay within 15 working days or face liquidation proceedings in the High Court.

Related New Zealand Law Questions