How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22829
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband is against listing house with agent yet has been

This answer was rated:

My ex husband is against listing house with agent yet has been trying to sell privately for four months with no joy. Can a lawyer get him to sell home or buy me out so I can move on. I've been out of the home for six months yet just moved back in last week (living as flat mates), this is to try to push him to get sold so I can move on.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : If he doesn't agree to market this properly, then you can force a sale, through the Family Court. Of course by the time you file an application and get a hearing more time will pass, but otherwise you can at least compel a sale and even take the decisions out of his control, and get appropriate orders for listing and sale.
christhelawyer : You can also force a sale through the High Court using the partition and sale process, which may be faster but would cost more.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions