New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

New Zealand Law

Hi there. We are an Australian company looking to employ a

Hi there. We are...
Hi there. We are an Australian company looking to employ a NZ sales worker and need to do an employment contract offer for this person. Can we give them our Australian employment contract that we normally issue to our staff here? Or do we need to give them an employment contract which stipulates NZ employment laws in it? We are not aware of NZ employment laws so if we need to issue a contract with NZ employment laws is there a template or something we could use?

Thanks & Regards,
Trish
6/27/2013
Chris The Lawyer

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The Department of Labour has some useful tools for drafting contracts at this site,
christhelawyer : http://www.dol.govt.nz/er/starting/relationships/agreements/builder.asp
christhelawyer : I suggest you look at this site, which has all the essentials, and I can answer any queries about particular concerns.
christhelawyer : You are best using a local contract so this should help
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer