How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22986
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a will in Jersey in The Channel Islands in 1988. I

This answer was rated:

I made a will in Jersey in The Channel Islands in 1988. I now live in New Zealand.....I wish to have an almost copy of this will (apart from change of addresses) made legally by New Zealand law.....Can I just take this old will to a lawyer in NZ to have it updated?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : It is easy to have a new will drawn up using the New Zealand form, and using the similar wording. It would be best to get some advice about the proposed legacies in terms of New Zealand law, and discuss if any changes are needed.. But this is not a difficult process and you can certainly do this.


christhelawyer : Hi, cam I help further?

I can's se the answer

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you
I have changed the view so you can see the answer. Please ask if you have more questions, in the dialogue box below