How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22812
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I and a friend had a business which has been closed up long

This answer was rated:

Hi I and a friend had a business which has been closed up long time agao.We owed some to a company which is now with receivers. They are demnading all money from me as my partner is declared bankrupt.They are threatening me have me bankrupt. Is there any easy way to solve this



christhelawyer :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear

christhelawyer :

If you cannot pay, then perhaps send them a statement of your assets and liabilities, showing that you cannot pay. If you have nothing, then they may not want to spend the money to make you bankrupt.

christhelawyer :

If you do have assets and want to avoid bankruptcy, then you should see if they will accepot a lump sum, in full settlement, or if this is not possible see if they will accept weekly or monthly payments.

christhelawyer :

Do you dispute liability for the claim? you can also defend the claim-how much is the claim for?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Chris

Can you guys sort this out for me ,if so what sort of cost I am looking at


We cannot take clients from the website but I can suggest lawyers for you if you advise the city
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Chris

I live in North Shore Auckland


There are many lawyers there, try John Hickey at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor Greg Dunning at(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions