How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22965
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there free advice available for someone who needs to apply

This answer was rated:

Is there free advice available for someone who needs to apply the Auckland Council for rates postponements?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The Council does have a number of schemes for assisting with rates postponement. They have a good website at
christhelawyer :
christhelawyer : I don't think your friend would need a lawyer, but there are community law centres who would be able to help her with the different options.
christhelawyer : I suggest perhaps she could visit a Center (there are several in Auckland) and ask for the options to be explained. They do not charge for this service.

Thank you for your answer. I received 2 emails last of which didn't require a response to Terms and conditions.

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you