How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22830
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under what process can a permanent full time long time employee

This answer was rated:

Under what process can a permanent full time long time employee be presented with a fixed term 1 year contract with half the salary currently paid?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : They cannot change your contract without your consent.
christhelawyer : if they want to restructure and make you a term employee like this, then you still need to consent to the change. This is effectively a long term redundancy. To change your contract they must go through a process of consultation, and there would need to be a valid reason such as a reduction in profits or lower funding.
christhelawyer : They cannot just impose this on you, and if they try this would be grounds for a personal grievance claim.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions