Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I have been on ACC as my husband was killed in a work accident.

Customer Question

I have been on ACC as my husband was killed in a work accident. Had he lived he turned 65 and now ACC has stopped payment. I went online and found some acts that entitled me to elect to stay on ACC or go on to NZ super. I am already on super but would give that up to give me enough money to stay in my home. This something that I was not informed of and apparently there is a time limit and I had fone past that. How many people would know about that act ( Clause 68 & 69 Act 2001) I feel that ppeople in my situation should be told of these things. Do I have a chance of going to review and winning due to the fact that I was not told of this.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : This does seem unfair, although I am not sure a review would fix this. It may be worth seeking a review on the basis that you should have been told about this, but that may not get you over the time barrier. Another possibility may be the Ombudsman, and you could try lodging a complaint about ACC and unfairness. Their site is at http://www.ombudsman.parliament.nz/