How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22892
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to Carls JR last night and I ordered a meal when I

This answer was rated:

I went to Carl's JR last night and I ordered a meal when I was about to eat it I found out that there was a insect in my burger. They gave me a refund for the meal. can I sue them? And what's my rights? Could you please Gide me please. Thanks

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you are entitled to a refund. However in New Zealand you cannot sue for personal injury resulting from this, because of the Accident Compensation Act which prevents claims for personal injury.
christhelawyer : you can complain to the local council, who administer health and safety for food premises, and they may choose to inspect, and if there is a problem, they could prosecute the company.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions