How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22891
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As someone who is self representing in the family court can

This answer was rated:

As someone who is self representing in the family court can I get all legal paper work that is on file with my previous lawyer? i am guessing I would need to request it in writing? Thank You

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : You are entitled to a full copy of the file from your former lawyer. The lawyer could also give you the actual file, although not all do this. The lawyer should know that he/she should give you the copy, as this is well established procedure.

OK, I will seek this. Thank You

christhelawyer : Glad to help
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions