How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22807
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On voluntary winding up of a company, a liqudator who has otherwise

This answer was rated:

On voluntary winding up of a company, a liqudator who has otherwise completed the voliuntary liquidation of the company, ommitted accidentally from the transfer of the company's titles under the Land Transfer Act one title to land which is an integral part of the company's land and is still occupied and used by the shareholders as part of the property . How can this be rectified and the title transferred by the liquidator

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : The appointment as liquidator gave him the power to deal with the land. In fact he can sign the usual Authorised Nominating Authority directed to his lawyer to place this in his name if necessary, but can also transfer the land to any buyer. The fact it was not included in the first list of properties transmitted to him as liquidator is not a bar to tidying up this other property. This could be an issue if the liquidation has been completed and the company truck off however.

The winding up was otherwise completed some years ago under the 1955 Act.


This transfer would be to the shareholders. Is this a problem? thank you for your response to date.

Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions