New Zealand Law

Have New Zealand Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Online.

if you sell a business and you get full payment before training…

Customer Question
if you sell a business...
if you sell a business and you get full payment before training when does the cooloing off period start at time of training or at time of payment
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: New Zealand Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Chris The Lawyer
If the contract does not say this, then I believe the cooling off period starts on sale. Because at that point you cease to have an interest in the business as the owner, this must therefore be the time that this period starts. Training is another obligation which runs alongside the cooling off period, and is a separate obligation to be completed independently of the cooling off.