Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am going to see a neurologist for some muscle twitching,

Customer Question
I am going to...

I am going to see a neurologist for some muscle twitching, burning sensations and headaches I’ve been having. My GP thinks I am too young (29) for what I am describing but it been going on for a couple months and doesn’t seem to be going away. He thinks it’s anxity but I also stated to have pain (throbbing) and the same burning sensation in my ear and eyes and just wills like it’s more than anxiety. As of today I’ve also started to see flashes from the bottom of my eye. Do these symptoms go together? Or is dr. Google causing me to manifest them. I’m started to get really bothered by it all.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

The headaches are episodic. No nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have general aches and soreness without having worked out.

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Neurology
7/11/2018
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 10 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms

these symptoms don't point to a neurological condition

they are much more likely to be due to bad anxiety symptoms and be from benign causes, magnified by your anxiety symptoms to make you worried

there are treatments for bad anxiety symptoms which could help

there are medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine which can help decrease anxiety symptoms.

medications like diazepam, clonazepam can help decrease anxiety

hydroxyzine, and propranolol can help as well

are you on treatment for bad anxiety symptoms at this point?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I’m not. But I do take metropolol for a mild dlvot in my heart that was found during some testing earlier this year. My cardiologist doesn’t think any of this is related to my heart. It’s reassuring to hear that this doesn’t seem neuro related but I’m just struggling to understand how anxiety or what else can be the cause cause of all these systems. The twitching all over my body and hand and legs is constant and daily. The burning sensation feels like some one is holding a lighter but my exterior is cool. My legs sometimes feel weak, pressure on the side of face. It just feels like so much to be nothing. It may be worth nothing that my bp. I know it’s the internet talking but I keep seeing MS. Not likely, right?

bad anxiety symptoms can cause benign fasciculations or twitching of small muscles over your body frequently in patients who have bad anxiety symptoms.

bad anxiety symptoms can cause clenching of your jaws, tightening of your neck muscles

you will benefit from exercise and yoga which can help decrease anxiety symptoms

your symptoms don't point to MS.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thank you Doc. I’ll look into it.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com