Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have slight pain on left side of head above ear and I feel…

Customer Question
I have slight pain...

I have slight pain on left side of head above ear and I feel weird pressure along my legs

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Happens more frequently but wouldn't say daily. Ill have a few days where my symptoms go away. But for last few months Ive had issues with the leg pain, upper back pain. And Acid reflux for few months, but acid reflux is gone as of last week aside from burping after meals.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had some autoimmune issue in the past 2 years ago. platelet disorder, but it fixed itself. had high blood pressure, choloesterol, but those are normal now.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Basic blood work came normal, x-ray after feeling incredible gas expansion in my chest came out normal, endoscopy had only inflammation, (I had really bad acid reflux for 2 months and a lot of weird symptoms) some of symptoms was popping sound in my chest with pain burning there and on back on all ribs, pain has dissappated. I had sharp pincheds on my leg bones arms and feet but they have gone away mostly, and now I just have the head pain and pressure on my legs. But I haven't exerted that much pressure on my body for muscle pain. My stomach feels uneasy but not in pain. Pain on head and mid back mostly on left side.
6/26/2018
Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I am happy to hear that you are relieved from many of your symptoms and only 2 are remaining - headache and pressure in legs.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Are you having any visible dilated veins over your legs?
3. Since how long have you had these symptoms of headache and leg pressure?
4. Is there any itching in the legs or ankle swelling?
5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?
6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?
7. Does sleep make the headache better?
8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?
9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?
10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?
11. Are you currently on any medication?
12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?
13.Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
38 Male, Yes legs more visable veins than the past only on right side of each leg. Head ache and leg pressure happened around same time as chest popping burning which was all in April til mid June. Headache comes in goes but when it feels weird I can't get a full night sleep. It feels off now as well. dont feel the leg pressure at this moment. no itching or swelling of ankles. Some stomach upset but not vomiting. Very irritable with the onset of the headache. Its not like a typical headache with pain throubing, it is more like a straining in head or ingrown hair feeling. Cant recall about bright lights, but stress does and I was under a lot of stress with multiple jobs 2 months ago. Head alternates from above ear to jaw area to temple. occasionally it goes to right side of head or bottom back of head. Sleep is on and off. I notice a similar feeling in my stomach as well, like a hairy feeling. Legs have been getting more tight without much exersion and get fatigued quickly. Running does help symptoms along with advil or aspirin. I was just taking the prevacid and antiacid meds along with vit D, sunflower, vit powder occasionally, vit B12 droplets. Not much migrane aside from my Aunt. Only my grandma had seizures and diabetes, My sinus on left side have been bothering me for years. comes and goes. The nasalscopy I did showed clear as well as the cat scan for sinuses. Dr said it more allergy issue.
Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you, I feel that you are having migraine without Aura.As of now the best relief you will get is from Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg taken three times a day after food.But if your headache is recurrent and is becoming debilitating then I suggest prevention will be the best way out and the best drug for that will be tablet Propranolol started at the dose of 10 mg per day and gradually increase to 40mg per day based on the treatment response.
But Propranolol is a prescription drug and you will require medical evaluation and doctors prescription for it.Apart from this as visible veins are seen over the legs but there is no ankle swelling and itching I feel that it could be a mild form of Varicose veins for which you need to see a vascular surgeon.I also feel that you are having a lot of health anxiety and you need to keep yourself cool.But it is not fair on my part to tell you not to feel anxious about your health when you have so many problems but I feel that you are gradually improving and I am confident that you will be very healthy keeping your age in mind.But as far as possible try to keep aside the idea that you are having a major health issue as that will make you more anxious." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry you haven't provided enough detail. I will pass on this service.

Hi...I am sorry I couldn't be of enough help to you.

I will opt-out and return this question back to the expert pool and give other experts an opportunity to help you with your case. Please try to avoid replying to this post, otherwise this question may get locked back to me again and prevent other experts from taking up your question.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!