Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Very dizzy and lite headed and a little nausea headache for…

Very dizzy and lite...

Very dizzy and lite headed and a little nausea headache for about 2 weeks taken motrin headache just lingers and having vision problems I can do a few things around the house and than I need to sit dowm cause im dizzy

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been using Motrin? Has it helped at all?

Yes but it lingers today it is a constant took some excerdrin instead thought maybe the motrin is upsetting stomach

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the upset stomach?

No just figured it was something I ate i am 54 female i have kidney cancer on left side partial neph. 4 years ago and full hysterectomy 3 years aga. I just feel really crappy but the headache has been at least 2 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Thyroid removal 10 years ago nodules behind it were suspicious so they rmoved im on cymbalta low dose for anxiety take probiotic,b12. vit d,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would this have anything to do with the little mass or thing on my pituitary gland? tiny thing in the back they have been watching it for a oouple years?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health in the form of the various new health symptoms as you have described above, and I am also sorry for the delay in replying to you, please see this is being a 24 X 7 online service so different experts may log in to the site at different times, I just logged in to the site and saw your question has still not been answered and I am now replying to you immediately as soon as I have logged in to the site just now. Thank you for your waiting & patience.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns, please answer to these below posted questions; it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Are there any additional symptoms such as the following ones?

Neck stiffness

Fever

Speech difficulties or swallowing difficulties

Double vision

Vertigo (spinning sensation)

Sensitivity to light or sound

Facial droop or eye lid drooping, or weakness of the arms or legs especially one sided weakness

Gait difficulties/Imbalance

Bladder or bowel disturbances

Loss of appetite, loss of weight

Chest pain

Breathlessness etc?

2) Does the dizziness improve on lying down, or do positional changes not make much difference?

3) Is the headache diffuse all over type or localized to one region of the head? Is the headache pulsating (throbbing) or pressure like or any other types? Have you experienced this type of headaches in the past or is this the first time? Do you have history of migraine or tension headaches etc?

4) Do you feel your symptoms now have been progressing or worsening compared to few days before how they were?

5) What are your current treatments? (other than the ones you have mentioned above such as Motrin, Excedrin, Cymbalta, Probiotic, Vitamin b12, d etc)?

6) Is there any excessive stress recently, or any issues with anxiety disorder, or depression etc?

7) Are there any issues such as lack of sufficient sleep, dehydration, work overload, missing food etc?

8) Have you had a chance to check your blood pressure after these symptoms started, if yes, was the blood pressure normal (or high or low)?

9) Have you had a chance to check your blood sugar after these symptoms started, if yes, was the blood sugar normal (or high or low)?

10) How is your thyroid function status recently?

11) When was the most recent brain scan have you had? Did your doctors tell what kind of lesion the mri scan was showing? Is the lesion in the pituitary same as the tiny thing in the back or are these two different lesions?

Please let me know

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

(Please try to answer to all the above questions, and also if possible in the same order as the questions have been listed above this will help in faster and comprehensive evaluation of your health situation)

(And if you receive any phone call request you may ignore it because it is an automated site trigger and not sent by me, and I am now available to discuss your health concerns only through this text format we are already using. However if you are looking for only phone discussion then please let me know so that I can Opt-Out from this question and make this question available to some other experts who may be in a position to do phone service. If you do not want any phone service then there is nothing else to do now, simply reply to the above questions in the text format and we can continue discussing your health concerns further in this text format)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
neck stiffness. Blurred vision sometime no vertigo no light problem yes balance problems bowel and urine just ok not very hungry when I eat I feel nausea afterwards
The dizziness stops when I put head down.
No history of heavy ace or migraines . The headache is all over just lingers around my whole head. In the throbbing front and back and neck . They have been about the same for about 2 weeks. With the headache I have been taking Motrin(800mg) thinking maybe this is why stomach hurts. . But it just lingerings.just started taking excedrin today. I’m a bartender/waitress during the day 11am-4pm. I do get a lot of sleep. I don’t eat a lot. I’m o. Phentermine low dose.
My thyroid function is good I guess. I’m taken 1.37 no chance to check either pressure or sugar last year was my last MRI on brain. I called him and they said my pituitary has nothing to do with my symptoms to. Call a neurologist which I thought he was dr Micheal Stoffman in buffalo ny the lesion on pituitary is the same thing too. I hope is helps. SHould I be calling my primary for his help too?

Okay I see. I appreciate for all these additional information. I am preparing & typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready. Typing may take few minutes and I will follow up with you and post my answer here the moment I finish with my typing.

I am almost done with my typing; I will follow up with you at the earliest.

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

First of all I want to inform and reassure you, these new symptoms do not appear related to the mri scan finding in the brain

A pituitary lesion is unlikely to cause these symptoms, especially you have had a brain scan in the last year and it is unlikely it will grow so fast so as to cause all these new symptoms like this.

So this does not appear related to the lesion in the pituitary gland area that was seen in the mri scan

Rather we need to explore other possibilities

There are various other explanations such as the following ones for these types of new symptoms you have been having;

1) Low or high blood pressure can cause these new symptoms

2) Low or high blood sugar levels can cause these new symptoms, especially low blood sugar since you have not been eating well

3) Sleep disorders are unlikely the cause for these new symptoms since it appears you have been sleeping adequately

4) Thyroid condition is another explanation for the types of new symptoms you have been having, if thyroid was not checked recently then it is indicated now, but if it was checked recently and found normal then there is no need to check for it again

5) Electrolyte abnormalities too can cause these types of new symptoms, so checking electrolytes too is indicated if it was not done recently

6) Certain kinds of infections too can cause these types of new symptoms, so a thorough investigations is required to rule out the possibility of any such infections, although serious forms of infections such as brain infections in the form of meningitis or encephalitis etc do not appear in your case based on the types of symptoms you have been having

7) Anxiety and stress too can cause these types of symptoms, but if you feel anxiety and stress are not any issue recently then these are very less likely causing these symptoms

As you see there are various possibilities that can cause these types of new symptoms

Since the symptoms are not responding to the home treatments so this needs further evaluation and investigations.

A thorough clinical examination by your dr in the clinic, or if early appointment with your dr is not available then you may try to visits the urgent care or er etc

After the clinical examination the dr will decide on what investigations are required such as blood tests, or any scans etc.

Once a final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately.

One or otherway serious conditions do not appear the cause for your these new symptoms.

Once again to your question – “would this have anything to do with the little mass or thing on my pituitary gland? tiny thing in the back they have been watching it for a couple of years?” once again I want to inform and reassure you please see these symptoms do not appear secondary to this pituitary lesion seen in the mri scan of the brain, rather there are certain other possibilities as mentioned above that can cause these types of new and persistent symptoms, this needs further evaluation in the form of thorough clinical examination and investigations as mentioned earlier above and then treated appropriately based on the test results.

And also very importantly, please see this type of health situation can be diagnosed & successfully treated, so please not to be scared, please try to see your clinic dr or a dr in the urgent care or er for a thorough clinical examination, investigations & appropriate treatments which will help you with the quick & complete resolution of these symptoms.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & professional effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now will not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

For future questions you can follow up either here, or you can reach me directly with "a question for Dr Subbanna MD" through my Just Answer direct link mentioned below here;

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsubbannamd

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you very much i am at least taken some things off my list (pituitary gland thing) i will put a call into my primary in the morning thank you.

You are very welcome! My pleasure!

Yes, once again, this does not appear due to any serious possibilities including the pituitary lesion etc. And yes please try to contact your primary care dr in the morning for the further evaluation & management of these new symptoms.

Please do not forget to take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & professional effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now will not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)