Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having pain in my left leg. I have gout but it start…

Customer Question
I am having pain...

I am having pain in my left leg. I have gout but it start after I was take metformin 500mg. I stop take when I talk to my doctor

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed Metformin? How severe were any side effects?

I broke out in a rasp and my leg start to hurt

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Metformin for this?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am hiv positive and have high press

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
6/22/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
65

you had a rash?

Ok then it is definitely a drug reaction

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What's I need to do

call your doctor and ask to change meds

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

was this helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My doctor didn't give me anything yes

welcome :)

ask for a different med

call and ask

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!