Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have been experiencing nerve pain, numbness and weakness

Hi. I have been experiencing nerve pain, numbness and weakness in my limbs as well as joint pain. Im wondering if I should be seeking out a neurologist or a rheumatologist.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few months back so I have been keeping track as I initially thought the symptoms were from the endo.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Severe weight loss (70lbs) night sweats, trouble sleeping. I’m not sure what’s the endometriosis and what’s not.

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

I'm sorry you are having weight loss and night sweats. These are NOT symptoms of endometriosis. May I suggest you see a Rheumatologist as these symptoms may be related to Acute Rheumatic Arthritis or an Acute Inflammatory process of similar cause. This does not sound like a neurologic problem.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay. My gyno had mentioned fibromyalgia because of all the different places the pain is so I wasn’t sure. My jaw pops and always has but recently it has started to swell. Pain between the shoulder blades. Hip pain. Knee pain. Back pain. Numbness down to my fingers. Especially the pinky and ring fingers.

Fibromyalgia can cause pain in many areas of your body, but it will not cause severe weight loss and night sweats. These symptoms are caused by an infective process.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay.Thank you. It took quite a while to get the endo diagnosis so I just want to make sure I’m going in the right direction.

You are welcome.