Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I injured my calf by falling off a ladder. it was a couple…

Customer Question
I injured my calf...

I injured my calf by falling off a ladder. it was a couple of days ago and I'm not sure the extent of the injury. It is swollen, the whole right left side of my lower leg is bruised as well as some bruising on the right side. it was also very hard. and when sometimes it feels as though the nerves are pinching me. its very tender to the touch and it hurts to walk on it. I've been walking on it the last couple days and the top of my foot is starting to hurt as well. I wrapped it with KT tape but I think there could be more damage than KT tape can fix. Advice?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes. If I walk or stand for too long on it. Also the first day it was probably twice the size of my other leg.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
5/31/2018
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This can be a hematoma in the leg which can result in a compartment syndrome by swelling and impeding blood flow, you also need to have a fracture ruled out. I will suggest that you go to an Urgent Care, get an x-ray done and have this evaluated. You will need anti-inflammatory medication, antibiotics as well as specialized dressing to counter the swelling. Limb elevation and rest will also be advised.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!