Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have stiff neck one side ...and pain comes over shoulder…

Customer Question
i have stiff neck one...
i have stiff neck one side ...and pain comes over shoulder some times and goes ...thigh muscle also uncomfortable .my sleeping posture is not good .
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
5/31/2018
Neurologist: Dr.Sawhney, Spine surgeon replied 2 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Spine surgeon

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
I need some more information.
Since how long have you been having this issue?
Do you get any numbness in your hand or upper limb or any feeling of pinpricks?
What treatment if any have you taken for this?
such feeling from last two.months .in hand and feets also sir ...taking B1b6b2 tablets
Thanks for the reply.
I would suggest that you have this pain and stiffness investigated.
The pain localised to the neck and Shoulder can be a result of cervical spondylosis associated with nerve irritation or compression in the cervical spine which can cause pain to radiate to the shoulder and downwards.
Pain in hands and feet also needs to be investigated and for that you should have a basic profile for joint pains done. This test should include test for inflammatory markers like erythrocyte sedimentation rate and c-
reactive protein and tests for rheumatoid factor and serum uric acid.
You should also have test to look for any deficiency of Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.