Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My feet are blue or purple on standing. Goes away mostly…

Customer Question
My feet are blue or...
My feet are blue or purple on standing. Goes away mostly when I sit down with feet elevated. Am on Lasix which doesn't seem to work.
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Neurology
5/30/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 21 days ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

I​'m sorry to hear that you are noticing bluish discoloration of the feet when standing. This is a condition called venous stasis, in which blood that should return to the heart, pools in the legs. The best ways to manage this is to continue the Lasix, and start using compression stockings during the day when you are walking. Compression stockings can be purchased at local medical supply stores, or over the internet (i.e. Amazon).

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions for you.