Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a MRI scan and the finding are as follows, conclusion…

Customer Question
Hello, I had a...

Hello, I had a MRI scan and the finding are as follows

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Conclusion says; essentially normal MRI brain, there are few ficibof deep white matter FLAIR hyper intensity. These are non- specific and may be seen with hypertension, migraine, dyslipidaemua or early small vessel disease.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

I take 100mg asprin per day , iron tablet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m feeling very unsteady on my feet, tight in face, anxiety over not feeling well

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Neurology
5/29/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 21 days ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
46

The MRI is normal for your age

Interestingly though, things like migraine could potentially do this and the MRI confirms that

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I dont get mugrained
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Migraines

Forms of migraine like vestibular migraine

not all migraines cause headache

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Does this mean i have depression. I have been unwell for quite simetime. Sometimes im so unsteady i cant even drive a car

You could have depression as well.

Yes

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
that message i typed eith findings, what dies it mean

The MRI is normal.

There are no really significant findings other than possible migraine

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What does deep white matter mean. Does it mean im goingvto have a stroke

No that is just part of the brain

those non specific white matter lesions are normal and benign

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Why do they say could be early small vessel disease. What is that

That is not accurate at your age.

That is like little mini strokes

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Itcsays that this is what it could be????

I don't agree with it given your age

that is seen in much older people

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
But whatbif it is at my age, what does that mean for me. I have the lieden factor V gene which is blood clitting so im scared

It means you would have to make sure your blood pressure is controlled, you are on statins to protect the arteries and on aspirin to thin the blood

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I also have blurry vision , sore neck and base of skull. Makes me feel like i want to faint

I think you have migraines

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Well you haventvreally helped me much. Im no better off and hot no answers
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Have no answers

I will opt out for another expert

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Have you got the findings
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Im just wonderingbif anyone is going to reply
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Still waiting
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
very disappointed as i advised the finding and was only told what it already said. It didnt help me understand whatbit said.
Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 21 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

I see that another expert has opted out - I have see the MRI report. Any report like this does not have any value to me unless I see the patient's history and information please. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your gender?

2. Since how long have you had this head ache and what exactly is the symptom which prompted the physician to order an MRI and MRA brain?

3. When was the factor V Leiden mutation identified in you and what made the physicians order this test then?

4. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?

5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?

6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?

7. Does sleep make the headache better?

8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?

9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?

10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?

11. Are you currently on any medication and if so please elaborate?

12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?

13.Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i am female, i have feeling dizzy, unsteady for aroundm9 months, but worse in the last 3 to 4 weeks, last year about the leiden factory V gene, advised to take 100 mg asprn. not a dabetic and what hypertension? no vomiting but the accasional ache across forhead. more unsteady, sore face, light jaw. I am cranky due to feeling sick all the time, have heart palpiations and feel heavy chested. Light does irritate me at times. no none family history of anything.

Hi...Please tell me -

1. Why the factor V leiden mutation gene was tested 1 year back? I am asking this because it is not a routine test.

2. Do you have dizziness and unsteady feeling as though falling down during changes in posture like - sitting up from lying down posture.

3. Hypertension means - high blood pressure.

4. Are you currently on any regualar medications please?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
factor v leiden test was done with other tests and this is what was found. When laying down im not unsteady its when im walking, and the room doesnt spin it just feels like the ground is moving and jumping around. when im in rooms etc i cannot focus on one spot as it feels like im going to faint. i have to shake my head to make sure im not going to.
Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 20 days ago

Hi...I feel that it could be vertigo component too.

I feel that - Betahistine 16mg twice a day will give you excellent results. But this is a prescription drug.

This may not be evident in MRI brain.

I feel that you will require further neurological evaluation.

I feel that you will require blood thinners please....aspirin is good and you are already on it.

The other symptoms may be stress and anxiety related.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
ISNT THAT MEDICATION RELATED TO MENIERES DISEASE? COULD I HAVE THAT, WOULD IT SHOW UP ON A MRI?

Hi... All the other symptoms which you are quoting are fitting into Vertigo, but a problem like Vertigo will not show on the MRI.

Betahistine is used in Meniers disease also but it does not mean that it is not used in Vertigo.

Vertigo in one of the symptoms of Meniers disease.

Betahistine is not used only in Meniers disease. It is the most common drug and the first line of choice in Vertigo which is idiopathic and for which no cause can be attributed.

I had already told you in my previous interaction that it would not show up on MRI (I mean Vertigo).

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 18 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani