Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Have dizziness everyday. I am a 67 year old female, 5.1",

Customer Question
Have dizziness everyday. I...

Have dizziness everyday. I am a 67 year old female, 5.1", 120lbs. Have had an anxiety disorder all of my life. All of my children have also to different degrees. I maintain relatively well with 100mg of sertraline daily and 5 mg of olanzapine in the evening. About 15 months ago after a trip by airplane to Mexico, (don't know if it is related) I started having dizzy episodes. My primary diagnosed vertigo and gave exercises and meclizine as needed. Some improvement but not much, he then ordered a CT head/brn, showed a large right posterior frontal parietal venoua malformation recommended MRV and MRA, MRA no arterial abnormality, no feeders to the venous malformation in the right except for lobe. MRV the abnormality described on the CT images is consistent with a developmental venous anomaly, no evidence of AV malformation.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

The dizziness for over a year, have all day but always worse in the morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have good health otherwise, no heart problems, have had no surgeries.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
5/27/2018
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having dizziness symptoms and bad anxiety disorder

I would trust the MRA which showed no arterial abnormality.

MRIs are more detailed in the brain compared to CT scans.

do you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal. you can use this to help decrease anxiety symptoms.

I live in texas, the anxiety is normally controlled with meds, the dizziness is the more debilitating issue to me, I can't drive and do normal things. I do vertigo extercises daily, but every morning I don't want to get up because it is always there, sometimes it improves during the day but it does not go away, is their anything

you can try CBD oil which is legal in texas to see if that helps

yoga can help improve your balance and decrease dizziness and help decrease anxiety symptoms.