Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physcian at John Muir Medical Group
101446932

I have been very fatigued the last few weeks- and strted tdo

Hello.I have been very fatigued the last few weeks- and strted tdo experiecne a very painful headche and light sensitiity- I ws so very dissy, and nauesous. I then began to experience a foot drop situation and fell and wass very shakey and coul not stablie mysef I unded up in the hospital and was told that I was seriously deyhydrted-hence the symptoms Ia m still having awful symto9ms nd am stil experiencing the foot drop. I have been tod tht my sitution is not neuorologcal. ANy advice you can share would be appreciatedd.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The headaches re daily but in th morning. I canno get out of bed becuase I am nauseous. I am on electroytes nd lots of wter. but the dr's felt tht emy elab work did ndot shoe neurologial issues. i dnt seem to be doin gbette and i am vry concerned ab0u this foot drop thing.thank you!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Oh, I did have joint replacement about 4 years ago on the foot (big toe) tht is on the same side that I am experiencing the foot drop.

Hello, My name is***** am a board certified physician, and would be happy to help you with your health concern. Please give me a few minutes to read, and respond to your question.

FYI, Please ignore any premium service offers that are sent to you by JustAnswer. It's an automatic prompt that is not triggered by me. Please ignore the request, unless you truly want to upgrade to premium service and communicate with me by phone. Thanks.

I​'m sorry to hear that you are suffering from headaches, fatigue, and foot drop. Without an examination, its difficult for me to say for sure what is causing your symptoms. Nevertheless, I can provide information regarding testing that should be performed in your case. First of all, foot drop can be caused by a number of different issues. For example, vitamin B12 deficiency, Lead poisoning, compression of the fibular nerve by lying in bed for prolonged periods of time, syphilis, etc.

I specifically want to highlight the lead poisoning, because it is the diagnoses that most of us neglect to consider in this type of case. Lead can be consumed accidently through contaminated water, or food. Lead poisoning usually causes headaches, dizziness, GI symptoms, and neurologic symptoms like foot drop.

I would recommend that you request that your doctor test you for vitamin deficiencies, and toxicities (i.e. Lead), and perform and electromyography which tests the function of the fibular nerve.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello-thank you so much for this informstion. i will request further examintions...this i vry helpful.
Thank you.

Y​ou're welcome. I sincerely ***** ***** you feel better soon. Take care.

Dr. Greg