Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Subbanna, I'm a 21 year old male,, 110 lbs, 63" I've had…

Customer Question
Subbanna, I'm a 21 year...
Subbanna, I'm a 21 year old male, white, 110 lbs, 63"I've had issues since ~May with floaty dizziness, visual afterimages/palinopsia, halos and starbursts at night, hearing and feeling pulse very strongly in left side upon increase in heart rate, and recently seeing pulse in vision almost 24/7I've had anormal cbc, thyroid, a1c, cardiac stress test, 2 week holter, heart ECHO, MRI, and now MRAI just got the report that they found abnormalities with two of the arteries in my brain, but said that my brain compensated for them? They said that shouldn't cause any symptoms and that everything else is normal. I'll include the full report below.From what it looks like comparing to normal MRA my right anterior cerebral artery looks like its...missing?However, I saw something else that I thought looked abnormal to me, but im not a doctor or trained in any way so I messaged some people I knew like a med student and surgeon and they have said it looks kind of like an aneurysm too.I'm wanting to trust the radiologist but given my symptoms not getting any better and nothing being found, I just want to make certain nothing is being missed.Here are some MRA pictures with the spot pointed outhttps://imgur.com/a/OI0j7Here is a really good topdown view of the thing(I'm not sure what the name of the view is)https://imgur.com/a/pG4iSOther doctors I have asked have not been detailed at all in their answers and are just pointing to anxiety without addressing possible causes for the symptoms at all. It's becoming frustrating and the symptoms are not getting better.I would really appreciate your help
Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Neurology
4/2/2018
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 18 days ago
Camille-Mod
I'm Camille, and I'm a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille - Moderator
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank You
I should be good, below is just additional information for them I meant to include earlier:BRAIN MAGNETIC RESONANCE ANGIOGRAPHY:HISTORY: Vision disturbance, chronic intractable headache, postural
orthostatic tachycardia syndrome..COMPARISON: Brain MRI of 1/17/2018. No prior brain MRA or CT available
for comparison..PROCEDURE: 3D time-of-flight sequences performed from the base of the
brain to the apex on a high field strength MR unit, with MIP reformats
generated. GAD was not administered.FINDINGS:ANTERIOR CIRCULATION:Ascending ICAs: symmetric without stenosis or filling defect;
Petrous ICAs: patent and symmetric without stenosis or filling defect;
Cavernous ICAs: no obvious stenosis or filling defect;CIRCLE OF WILLIS:Anterior Cerebral Arteries: The right A1 segment is hypoplastic, a
congenital variant. The right A2 and A3 segments are supplied via the
anterior indicating artery and are patent with normal caliber. The
left ACA is patent with normal caliber;
Middle Cerebral Arteries: Patent and symmetric bilaterally without
significant stenosis, aneurysm or occlusion;
ACOM: Patent without evidence of aneurysm;
PCOM: Patent on the right and supplies the majority of the right PCA.
The left side is patent although hypoplastic;POSTERIOR CIRCULATION:Vertebral Arteries: The right vertebral artery is not visualized. The
left intracranial vertebral artery is patent without significant
stenosis.;
Basilar Artery: Patent without significant stenosis, aneurysm or
occlusion;
Superior Cerebellar Arteries: Patent bilaterally without evidence of
aneurysm;
Posterior Cerebral Arteries: Right P1 segment is hypoplastic, a
congenital variant. The right P2 and P3 segments are patent with
normal caliber. The left PCA is patent and normal caliber.1. Hypoplastic right A1 and right P1 segments, congenital variants as
described above;
2. Nonvisualized right intracranial vertebral artery may be related to
congenital left vertebral artery dominance. This could be further
evaluated with dedicated neck MRA or carotid ultrasound as indicated.
3. Otherwise unremarkable brain MRA.
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 18 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

thank you for your questions and the information.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms of dizziness and visual issues.

bad anxiety symptoms can often cause your symptoms.

are you on treatment for your anxiety symptoms? if you are not on treatment, it can mean that these symptoms along with excessive anxiety will continue

the MRAngiogram was normal and the normal variants in your blood vessels would not help explain those dizziness symptoms and feeling fast heart rate and visual issues.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
You are not the expert I requested, I'm confused. I don't mean to sound rude, but I did request Dr. Subbanna and the moderator camille also stated that.

sorry about that, I can opt out if you wish to wait for that expert.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I would very much appreciate that. I really don't mean any disrespect at all, I'd just like to stick to the original intended professional
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 17 days ago
Hi, I am sorry, I just heard back from Dr. Subbanna, he says he is not in a position to respond to this question, I am sorry. Do you want me to close your question or leave it open to other Experts?
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Okay, I understand. Can I request another expert? I'd like to request Dr. Mark from Neurology if possible.
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 17 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** sent a note to Dr Mark letting him know. He is not online right now but he will see my note when he comes online, and will assist you if this is an area of expertise for him.
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 14 days ago
I am sorry, Dr Mark is not available for your question. Would you like your question open to other Experts?
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
I'd to close it and ask for a refund on this question, thank you
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)