Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Subchondral fracture within posterior aspect of the lateral…

Customer Question
Subchondral fracture within posterior aspect...
Subchondral fracture within posterior aspect of the lateral femoral condyle with intact cartilage since 12/24/17. What’s the typical recovery period?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/31/2018
Neurologist: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dear *****ient, the recovery time for this type of injury is 3 to 6 months depending on the type of recovery you are performing. young people, athletes with a rehabilitation program tend to overcome these injuries within 3 to 4 months. for the elderly and with a less intense rehab program the recovery time is longer.

This will also depend on the patient's care, and the condition of the knee at the time of injury.
In a grade 2 injury, it is very important to strengthen the thigh and knee muscles.

Do you have any doubt?

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.