Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have discharge from my left ear. Could it be from my

Customer Question
Thyroids?...
I have discharge from my left ear. Could it be from my Thyroids?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/30/2018
Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age please?
2. Are you running any temperature along with cough and cold within the past two weeks before this ear discharge started?
3. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?
4. Did you have any severe ear pain with subsided suddenly after the ear discharge started?
5. What medications are you currently on including antibiotics?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Thank you, ***** ***** have contacted my own Doctor and am satisfied with his answers.

Happy to hear that. If you do not require my assistance I will opt out.

I wish you a health and long life please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Tried helpful
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

discharge from the ear canal often is a sign of an external auditory canal bacterial infection which may need to be treated by a course of antibitoic ear drops

you may need a bacterial culture of the fluid coming out of your ear to see if there is bacterial infection in the fluid.