Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

This is a story and i am sorry. My husband, age 73, has had…

Customer Question
This is a long...

This is a long story and i am sorry. My husband, age 73, has had many large medical problems over the years. aortic valve replacement with st jude valve.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Let me finish. amiodoradone toxicity, two years after heart valve and then

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

And then craniotomy for displaced brain. all this happened between 1999 and 2006. Now he has tremors and loss of balance, and neuropathy can barely walk. he has tremors that are getting worse and no balance whatsoever. He now is having trouble cutting up his food on his plate and oftentimes it just falls in his lap. At this point I am frightened. We went to the neurologist and he thought parkinsons and put him on Senimet, for weeks which do nothing. so he has been being weaned off this past three weeks, No his balance is much worse, and his ability to feed himself is worse as well. don't know where to go next?? Even when we get him to the pool he now needs a noodle so that he feels safe in water, and he was like a dolphin before. Don't know what to think. suggestions??

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My husband, not me. No, he was always very physical with his work, strong and good balance and no problems with his memory, which now is not so good.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/29/2018
Neurologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know about that . Do tge tremors affect both his hands? Does it seem to involve his head too ? Has he had a brain scan ?