Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had an MRI done it says: Right cerebellar

Customer Question
I recently had an...

I recently had an MRI done it says: Right cerebellar abnormality that likely represents encephalomalacia related to prior insult, prior ischemia....... Does this mean I possibly had a stroke?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

Yes headachs I went in because in conversations I am stumbling over simple things like remember what a shelve is called in a cubboard.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea and I cant say daily but yes often I am allergic to Aspirin so I try to muddle through it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 55

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/29/2018
Neurologist: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

From the report that you sent it does look like you may have suffered a small stroke in that area of the brain. Prior ischemia essentially means that that area did not get enough blood flow most likely due to a stroke. Now, I cannot tell you if that "prior stroke" is causing your current symptoms. The cerebellum is not usually involved in word finding abilities. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!