Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had some knots in my shoulder for awhile (I need a…

Customer Question
Hello! I have had some...
Hello! I have had some knots in my shoulder for awhile (I need a massage) and I have let myself get out of shape. My shoulders are already bad - I had surgery on my left in 2012 (open Mumford) and developed frozen shoulder. 2 years ago my right shoulder developed frozen shoulder for no good reason. Last night I was playing with my nieces and nephews (picking them up and dancing around with them) and did a bit of walking. Today my right shoulder is hurting and I have this pins and needles feeling in the backside of my arm, wrist and pinky and ring finger. My right foot was a little tingly too but it has subsided. I’m sure it has something to do with my shoulder, but I also suffer from OCD and get quite paranoid about anything to do with my body and health. Thank you!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Neurology
Oops - I am a 50 year old f in otherwise good health (aside from my anxiety disorders - no medications
3/28/2018
Neurologist: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

You have any pain or discomfort at the level of the cervical or lumbar spine

My back isn’t hurting at all - other than a little sore

Dear *****ient. by his shoulder history and recent symptoms is indeed related.
Although they are different limbs they share a unique common origin in the spine.
Because of all the history of your shoulder, it is likely that they have generated alterations in the cervical and lumbar spine (despite having no direct symptoms).
because the symptoms you manifest are due to nerve alterations known as neuropathies, these alterations are due to nerve irritation by compression at the spinal level or muscle contractures that produce the symptoms you manifest.
In your case, I suggest an MRI of the cervical and lumbar spine.
It is likely that depending on the outcome you will initiate rehabilitation to strengthen the spine and improve nerve conduction.
It is advisable to start with medication to improve nerve conduction such as Pregabalin neuromodulators, but for this purpose, a neurological examination of the limb and the requested studies should be performed.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.