Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My friend is experiencing loosing memory all of a sudden…

Customer Question
My friend is experiencing...

My friend is experiencing loosing memory all of a sudden following having to go to emergergy room and being shocked because of racing heart problem Why?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, need to make decision which Doctor to see in St George utah area.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can't think of any thing except he has lung problems and has been short of air often. He is on Oxygen and is being followed up by a lung speialist

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Neurologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Do you want to proceed with a telephone call? If so, please request so now here and I will accept and contact you.

Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your friend.

racing heart in older patients can be from atrial fibrillation which can need heart shock therapy sometimes

abnormal heart rhythms can cause increased risks for small blood clots to travel to the brain which can cause small stroke injuries to the brain and memory loss

an MRI scan of the brain would be helpful to look for signs of stroke injury and blood clots spread to the brain for your friend

let me know if you have questions.